Indians always have used cloth nappies for ages. We know how to cleanly maintain a cloth nappy. One greatest disadvantage of our cloth nappy is, it leaks! It is just a piece of cloth and it cannot hold more. Every time you change a nappy, you need to change your baby's dress, bed sheet etc.
Now a days, since lot of Indian mothers are workings they prefer to use disposable diaper.
Disposable diapers contain traces of Dioxin, an extremely toxic by-product of the paper-bleaching process.
Disposable diapers contain Tributyl-tin (TBT) - a toxic pollutant known to cause hormonal problems in humans and animals. Disposable diapers contain sodium polyacrylate, a type of super absorbent polymer (SAP), which becomes a gel-like substance when wet. A similar substance had been used in super-absorbency tampons until the early 1980s when it was revealed that the material increased the risk of toxic shock syndrome by increasing absorbency and improving the environment for the growth of toxin-producing bacteria.
In May 2000, the Archives of Disease in Childhood published research showing that scrotal temperature is increased in boys wearing disposable diapers, and that prolonged use of disposable diapers will blunt or completely abolish the physiological testicular cooling mechanism important for normal spermatogenesis.( Source : Why choose cloth diapers? Real Diaper Association Diaper Facts.)
Modern Cloth diapers looks like Disposable and works like disposable too. It hold longer than one time. It can be used for 2 -3 hours. It can be used till they are potty trained. Yes, it grows with the baby.Cloth diapers are extremely user-friendly, and budget-friendly too!
Apart from these , The following is a list of reasons why cloth diapering is a terrific choice for modern babies and parents:
• Keep baby dry: Using innovative, modern fabrics, many of today's cloth diapers employ stay-dry fabrics that keep baby dry & comfortable. Super-soft fleece is a lovely bonus against baby's sensitive skin, too!
• Save money: Save over a thousand rupees using cloth diapers with one child. Watch the savings multiply as you do! LOL!
• Eliminate diaper rash: Diaper rash is almost a thing of the past. High-quality fleece or microsuede wicks moisture away from baby's delicate bottom, virtually eliminating rashes.
• Snug fit: All our diapers can be customized to snugly fit the legs and waist for your baby's unique shape, ensuring no leaks!
• Customized absorbency: Pocket and pouch diapers uniquely allow parents to stuff as much or as little padding as needed, as well as selectively padding diaper wet zones (in the front for boys, back for girls).
• Uninterrupted sleep: Boost your diaper's absorbency for night-time by adding a hemp doubler (as a second insert). With enough absorbency, a single diaper will stay dry, allowing for 10-12 hours of uninterrupted sleep!
• Easy to use: Convenience is a huge driver for today's modern parents, and we agree! With pocket diapers, simply stuff the pocket and use! When soiled, shake the damp insert out and drop all into your diaper pail. On wash day, dump everything into the washer and press 'start'. Easy as pie! Other styles of cloth diaper require slightly different routines, but you'll find that once you get started, it's so easy you'll be wondering what you were ever so scared of!
• Easy cleanup: Really, really easy. Drop solids into the toilet (they shake right off) and then put the diaper into the diaper pail. Nothing more. No soaking, scrubbing, or swirling required!
• Energy savings: Pocket and pouch diapers have a separate insert and shell, allowing for a faster, more thorough clean (only one wash cycle needed). They dry a lot quicker too! This applies to fitted diapers and prefolds, too - the absorbent part (the diaper itself), is completely independent of the diaper cover, so everything gets really clean, really fast!
• Fabulously stylish!: Who wants to see the same old boring disposable diaper... your baby will be the envy of the diaper crowd!
• Better Planet : Millions and millions of diapers end up in our landfills each year which take more than 200 years to decompose You can do your part by making this world a better place for your baby by ditching disposables and opting for cloth. Each cloth diaper is 100% reusable.